• YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Latest Hunters Conditions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Latest Hunters Conditions

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 2 months ago #44236

I also have no idea what a PWS is.
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 2 months ago #44237

pmac225 wrote:
Rode Hunter's again last night. I would say the conditions were the same as my last post. I tried to venture towards the lower parking lot after I crossed the pipeline, but it got nasty really fast, so I turned around.
The orange trail between intersects 31 & 34 used to be one of the best downhill sections in WNY. Unfortunately, the pws's have completely ruined it because they must have been scared. Would it be possible for us(or me) to repair that trail, returning it to it's past glory and put some signage indicating a more difficult section and for users to stay on the trail? The flow has been ruined completely!

I got a WNYMBA wagon (that we used to carry stones) in my backyard and it has about 4" of water in it from the daily rain from Friday through Tuesday. So I am not surprised Hunters is in poor shape. I am going to try the Brook tonight as TJ said it was good. We'll see.

I agree with the despair about the braiding from 31 to 34. Used to be the best flow section but that is all gone now. Not sure how to fix it, other than to block off the go arounds. But those won't last. And few people read signs.

Greg did a nice piece in the recent e-mail newsletter, urging people to go over roots, not around them. Not sure why this is so hard to learn. Sort of like the face palms I do all the time when I see tire tracks around flat rocks placed in mud holes to provide a dry tread for the trail. Some people go out of the way to go around them and making a wider mudhole!!

Vote #3 as to not knowing what a pw is.

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 2 months ago #44238

Pussy! There I said it.

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 2 months ago #44239

Garick, You are correct, that is the section.

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 2 months ago #44240

Jon, Maybe we could be more aggressive in our block-offs using something imbedded in the ground instead of laying branches. I don't know, I get depressed and pissed when I ride it and I used to get exhilarated.

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 2 months ago #44241

that was always one of my favorite sections too and you are right, its pretty much ruined.

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 2 months ago #44242

Jon Sundquist wrote:
Greg did a nice piece in the recent e-mail newsletter, urging people to go over roots, not around them. Not sure why this is so hard to learn. Sort of like the face palms I do all the time when I see tire tracks around flat rocks placed in mud holes to provide a dry tread for the trail. Some people go out of the way to go around them and making a wider mudhole!!

People will always go around rocks and roots, especially newbs.

That's why they buy 29'ers!!! (mountain bikes with training wheels)
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 2 months ago #44243

This is not just a widening, but actual re-routes away from the challenges.
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by pmac225. Reason: mis-info

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 2 months ago #44247

What drama?

I hate seeing the trail get wide and dumb. Unfortunately there is no good solution for it and it IS NOT just the newbs going around roots and what not.

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 1 month ago #44263

Any recent reports?!?
you just gotta give'r

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 1 month ago #44264

irishman13 wrote:
Any recent reports?!?

If you know the trails very well, and you want an abbreviated ride while you track down only the dry ones, go for it. Otherwise, pick one of the many other trails that aren't a perpetual swamp.

This is not the "summer of Hunters Creek"....

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 1 month ago #44265

Had a great ride there Wed. eve. Unfortunately, it rained most of Wed. night. I would think by Sunday the more sustainable loops would be OK.
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.