• YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Latest Hunters Conditions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Latest Hunters Conditions

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 5 months ago #43994

kb voodoo wrote:
Rode from the lower lot and eventually crossed the creek. Dry all around, obviously. Get out there

word!

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 5 months ago #43995

Jon Sundquist wrote:
kb voodoo wrote:
Rode from the lower lot and eventually crossed the creek. Dry all around, obviously. Get out there

word!

I hope TrailHunter's dog didn't interupt your flow too much yesterday Jon.......but energy like that just can't be harnessed.
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 5 months ago #43996

That dog is crazy
2010 Asheville MVP
2010 Kingdom Trails MVP
2012 Ironman Lake Placid MVP
P.A.R.K. is ALIVE!!!

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 5 months ago #44017

Conditions were awesome yesterday......right before the massive thunderstorm.

Good thing the kiosk is there, or else we woulda had to drink beer beer under our tailgates.
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 4 months ago #44071

Rode Wednesday night. No water holes but fairly muddy and greasy conditions. You could ride the trails closest to the upper lot but other than that I would recommend holding off. I rode 5 miles and left early.

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 4 months ago #44075

Sounds consistent with Ben's report.

Now there's a flood watch on with 2" - 3" rain today and tomorrow.

Supposed to be sunny this weekend, but please, please, the park will be soaked. Might be a good day to dust off the road bike.

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 3 months ago #44160

Late post but road last wednesday. Did 8 miles of pretty dry trails from the upper parking lot. Definitely rideable. there were a few usual muddy spots but you can get off the bike and hoof around them fairly easily. Was gone the weekend so not sure what the situation is now.

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 3 months ago #44161

Just a note - the above condition report is from before it rained and flooded everywhere on Friday. Was also raining pretty hard Saturday morning in EA. But no, I have seen the trails first hand to comment.

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 3 months ago #44229

Any post rain updates?

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 3 months ago #44230

I guess I'll answer that myself. Soil was damp, but the roots were dry. If you know where to ride the conditions were good. However, if you venture into the wet areas it will be mucky and ill-advised. Be wary of some newly eroded areas on some of the small stream crossings.

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 2 months ago #44234

Rode Hunter's again last night. I would say the conditions were the same as my last post. I tried to venture towards the lower parking lot after I crossed the pipeline, but it got nasty really fast, so I turned around.
The orange trail between intersects 31 & 34 used to be one of the best downhill sections in WNY. Unfortunately, the pws's have completely ruined it because they must have been scared. Would it be possible for us(or me) to repair that trail, returning it to it's past glory and put some signage indicating a more difficult section and for users to stay on the trail? The flow has been ruined completely!

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year, 2 months ago #44235

Is that the section with the couple of root drop-offs and a sort of banked left hander around a tree when riding from the upper lot? I have to ask what a pw is too?
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.